Created in God's Image


 
Recently I was able to spend a few days in a different setting than my home.  I was at a beach, looking at the ocean.  The vastness of the ocean caused me to be aware and in awe of our creator.  Looking at starfish on the beach and thinking of the many sea creatures - like the sea horse! (They fascinate me)  What was God thinking?  Obviously not a question with an answer.  Who God He is…is beyond comprehension.  And yet, He created us in His image so we can have fellowship with Him!  If I spend much time thinking about that, I am overwhelmed.  I can’t wrap my mind around God loving me enough to first, create me, and then wanting me in heaven forever to be with Him.  Genesis 1:27 NKJ “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

I believe, because He created us in His image and likeness, we have intrinsic worth as an individual.  God desires us to be the best version of ourselves. 
We are to be accountable to Him and each other and accept the responsibilities He has given us.

Sometimes it is hard to believe in ourselves and accept that the God of the universe loves us and only wants what is best for us.  We might know it in our “head” (mind) but it has not penetrated our spirit.  God created us as spiritual beings.  1 Thessalonians 5:23 NLT “Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.”

A scripture I read recently, Proverbs 20:27 AMP “The Lord’s light penetrates the human spirit, exposing every hidden motive.”  The explanation in my Bible said: “The Lamp of the Lord: Man’s spirit (more than soul and body) is God’s contact point through which He illumines man and shows him his own true nature.”

As I struggle at times to see my worth through God’s eyes, I hope and pray you also will remember that He Loves You and created you for a purpose.  Let that sink deep in your spirit.  

Jeremiah 31:3 NKJV “The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you."

God’s Peace and Love,
  ❤️  ️ Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church
email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com
Monroe, Washington





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love