Prayer Works

 Prayer:  We are instructed to go to our room in private to pray.  Matthew 6: 6 NLT 

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private.  Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.”

                                                                    

Prayer is an intimate conversation with a personal God.  It is not random words to “the man upstairs”.  God is bigger than all our problems so we can believe He hears our prayers and will answer.  John 15:7 “NLT “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”

How we each pray is different.  Our friend, Rev. Linda Paz, spoke at church recently and said she prays two hours a day.

Honestly, I do not do that.  I have my prayer time and it can be different every day.  I tend to pray shorter prayers throughout the day.

I also use my prayer language to pray in the Spirit.  Ephesians 6:18 NLT  “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.  Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”  I find this so important to me, especially when I do not know what to pray.  It assures me God knows what I am praying for and will answer accordingly.  Romans 8:26,27 NLT “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness.  For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for.  But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.  (27) And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. 

I shared recently with friends that I question sometimes if I should pray over and over for the same thing.  I know it is God’s will (like salvation for loved ones).  Or should I pray and then leave it with God?

In reading scriptures today, I realize there is no one answer.  I need to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, and then pray as I am led.  1 John 5:14 Amp “This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: That if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us.” 

As we continue to pray for our own personal needs, our church and revival (as Linda encouraged), let’s lift one another up in prayer as we seek God’s will for our life.  

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Amp “be unceasing and persistent in prayer;”

Stay Well, Stay Safe

From My Heart to Yours,

❤️ Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love