Joy of the Lord

                                                                 

Joy:  a noun or a verb.  As I looked up the word in Vine’s Expository of Biblical Words, there was a long definition including joyfulness, joyfully and joyous.  I was looking for a simple definition. “The joy of the Lord” has been resonating in my spirit. A portion of Nehemiah 8:10 says “…Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!”

In my regular dictionary, the definitions of joy are: “a deep feeling or condition of happiness or contentment.  An outward show of pleasure or delight, rejoicing.”

These are the words I think about in reference to my relationship with our Lord.  Sometimes I am “excited and rejoicing” but mostly, knowing the Lord is my Savior and always available to me, gives me a deep sense of contentment.

Psalms 28:7 NET “The Lord strengthens and protects me; I trust in Him with all my heart.  I am rescued and my heart is full of joy; I will sing to Him in gratitude”

We can have joy in the Lord in many situations.  1 Peter 1:8 NLT “You love Him even though you have never seen Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.”

When we have pain and sufferings in our life, we can still have joy.  James 1:2 NLT “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”  Romans 12:12 NIV “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”


Just because He has given us life we should be joyful. Psalms 118:24 NKJV “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Because Jesus was sent to be our Savior and give us His instructions on how to live our lives, we should have joy. “I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy.  Yes, your joy will overflow!” John 15:11 NLT


Joy is not always easy to feel.  Life is full of trials and distractions that try to destroy our joy.  If we can stop long enough to remember Jesus and the many scriptures that remind us of the reasons to rejoice and be joyful, our moods can match our beliefs.  

“Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I say it again –rejoice!” Philippians 4:4 NLT

Stay Well, Stay Safe and

Be Joyful in the Lord!

Blessings,

  ❤️  Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love