Salvation: A Gift From God

 Salvation: The theological definition is “ Deliverance from the power or penalty of sin; redemption.”

“For Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” Romans 10:13 NIV


As I look up the many scriptures on salvation, I am so uplifted and blessed. I am not a theologian.  I do not search the scriptures for deep meanings.  I mostly read what it says and believe it.  I know if I study the Greek and Hebrew I will find deeper insight. Occasionally I do that.


Romans 10:9-10 NIV “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  (10)For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”



I know there are scriptures that tell us why we won’t go to heaven but I believe My God is a God of grace and mercy and knows our hearts.

Romans 3:23-25 NLT tells us “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. (24)Yet God, in His grace, freely makes us right in His sight.  He did this through Christ Jesus when He freed us from the penalty for our sins. (25) For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin.  People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed His life, shedding His blood.  This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when He held-back and did not punish those who sinned in times past”

 

I pray frequently for my unsaved family, as I’m sure you do also.  I claim these verses:                         Acts 11:14 NLT  “He will tell you how you and everyone in your household can be saved!” 16:31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in you household.”  What an amazing reassurance from our Lord!

My hope with this message is you realize how many scriptures assure as of our salvation-meaning we will live eternally with Jesus.  It is not by our works, or how good we are.  “Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it”  Ephesians 2:9


Time is short, share His message of Love: “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal live.  They will never be condemned for their sins, but have already passed from death into life.”  John 5:24 NLT

Stay Well, Stay Safe

May The Lord Richly Bless You

❤️Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love