Sing to The Lord

 Singing Praises-zamar.  Strong’s #2167- To make music, sing praises; to sing songs accompanied by musical instruments.


Psalms 33:3 TPT “Compose new melodies that release new praises to the Lord.  Play His praises on instruments with the anointing and skill He gives you.” 


There are so many Christian songs of praise and worship I love to hear.  I love the old hymns:  Amazing Grace is my absolute favorite, The Old Rugged Cross, Be Still My Soul and many more.  When I hear these and sing them, they reach deep into my spirit and bring me to a place of restoration.  Newer lyrics can also bring me much needed renewal.


Colossians 3:16 NIV “Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”


Singing helps us repeat thoughts of God so His word can dwell in us.  We can remember what God has done for us.  Psalm 96:1 NKJV “Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!  Sing to the Lord, all the earth.”


Singing helps us repeat a thought or belief.  Many worship songs are based on a specific scripture.  As we sing and repeat lyrics, His word dwells in us.  This often helps us remember scripture.


When I sing about a characteristic of God, like trust or His love for me, I believe it.  It fills me with His peace.  Singing a song can help us repeat God-inspired thoughts and cement them as deep beliefs.


God desires us to worship Him with a right heart – meaning our attitude towards our Lord.  

John 4:23-24 TPT “From now on, worshiping the Father will not be a matter of the right place but with a right heart.  For God is a Spirit, and He longs to have sincere worshipers who adore Him in the realm of the Spirit and in truth.”  


Listen to Christian music.  Sing the words.  Notice how it affects your mood.  For me, it can change my attitude.  Some words are so insightful.  I know the person who wrote them knows exactly how I feel.

“Go ahead-sing your new song to the Lord!  Let everyone in every language sing Him a new song.” Psalm 96:1 TP

                                                            

Stay Well, Stay Safe

❤️    Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader 

Foothills Foursquare Church 

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love