Our Plans

 

Greetings,

There is a saying I have heard “Man plans, God laughs”.  I think that saying might be based on 
Proverbs 16:1 TPT “Go ahead and make all the plans you want, but it’s the Lord who will ultimately direct your steps.”

It has certainly been true of me lately.  For the past couple of weeks since we moved, I have tried to plan my days for unpacking and organizing.  I do not like living in chaos and that is how my life has felt.  Besides normal, everyday life, we lived for a week without water.  This house is on a well and a week after moving in the well went dry!  An event we have never had to experience before.  It definitely gave me empathy for Elna in Africa.  

I did not immediately ask God what my lesson from this was.  I was pretty sure I just needed to relax and “go with the flow”.  Ultimately there really isn’t any other choice.  Being upset and frustrated does not change anything.

I have certainly lived long enough to know my life does not always go as I plan.  But… I still try!!

Proverbs 16:1-9 TPT is full of wisdom about trusting the Lord with our plans.  
Proverbs 16:3,4 &9 TPT “(3) Before you do anything, put your trust totally in God and not in yourself. (4)The Lord works everything together to accomplish His purpose. (9)Within your heart you can make plans for your future, but the Lord chooses the steps you take to get there”

Some days I ask the Lord to direct my day and I am prepared for changes to occur.  Many days I plunge ahead with “my plans” and when the plans have to be changed I can be frustrated.  I am trying to be more faithful in asking God to direct my steps each day and be open to “His plan” for my day.  

And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.”  1 Thessalonians 5:18 TPT

Stay Well, Stay Safe
In Christ Jesus
❤️      Sharon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love