Spring

 As I write this, the sun is shining.  I have windows and doors open.  It is a beautiful day.  Spring gives us new growth of plants and flowers and trees.  Baby animals tend to be born in the spring also.  Warmer weather and longer days give them a better chance to survive.  To me, spring is a time of hope.  The shorter, darker days of winter are gone and we can look forward to more sunny days.  


This year, especially, we are looking forward to Covid cases declining and being able to participate in more normal activities.  


Hope is a marvelous thing.  Hebrews 11:1 NLT “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.”


I hope for so many things.  Covid to be gone and life returning to normal is the immediate.  I also hope for family and friends to be saved.  For broken relationships to be restored.  For hurting people to be healed.  The list goes on and on.  Does hoping do me any good?


Yes, I believe it does because God, in His word, says that hope will not lead to disappointment.  Romans 5:3-5 NLT “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  (4) And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  (5) And this hope will not lead to disappointment.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.”


As we hope, we must continue to pray for answers.  Just hoping something will happen is not enough.  The answers will come through our reliance on God.  Psalms 39:7 “And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in you.”  Psalms 62:5 “Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.”


Let’s enjoy spring and the hope of all the beauty and potential it can bring.


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 NLT                                    


Stay Well, Stay Safe,
Wishing you a beautiful weekend
❤️  Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader 

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

Advent Week 4 - Love

No Fear