Life's Disappointment

July 3, 2020

Today my heart is hurting.  Life does not always go how we want.

What do we do with disappointment and discouragement?  When you have prayed so long about a certain issue and there is no indication that there will be an answer that is positive towards you?  It is so easy to say the words “God knows and is in control”  Or to quote Romans 8:28 NKJV  “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

Do I believe it, does it bring me comfort?  Can I say it with conviction to someone else who is hurting more than me?

I do believe those words and I can remember many times when it was true.  But…do I truly believe it for this situation when it has gone so terribly wrong so many times.

In all honesty, I want to call out to God “Why?”  Why do I feel abandoned and hopeless? What must she be feeling?  What do I say to my friend to give her hope?
 
So, I search the scriptures.  Joshua 1:9 Amp “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 10:25 Amp says, “ Do not fear or be dismayed (intimidated)!  Be strong and courageous, for this is what the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you [are about to] fight”

And finally, Romans 5:5 NKJV “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given                                                   to us.”

So I say to myself and to my dear friend:  “Do not be afraid, don’t be intimidated.  Be strong and courageous.  Keep Fighting!!  We can have hope because God doesn’t disappoint.  We may feel down and out but God doesn’t feel that way.  He DOES know your heart and your struggle and He is fighting for you, not against you. 

We hold tight to His promises and when those hopeless, disappointing thoughts threaten to over take us, we can read and believe God’s word, His promises to
me/you – His daughter.  Why?  Because the bottom line is, He loves us and wants what is best for us.

“Thank you Lord for your unfailing love and your reminder to be strong and courageous.  To not fear or be dismayed.  You will not fail nor abandon me.  The Lord my God is with me.”  (Paraphrase of 1 Chronicles 28:20)

 ️❤️ Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church
email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com
Monroe, Washington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love