Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart

  “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on our own understanding.  (6) Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT


Today was a first for me in regards to my messages. I had a different message written, but I woke up this morning hearing “trust”.  I asked the Lord if I am to write about trust and He said “yes”.  

I know this message is for me.  Maybe it is for you as well.       


                                

 We are preparing our house to sell.  God has provided a rental house for us, which is amazing how He did it.  It was not what we thought we would do, but in this housing market it makes the most sense.  We have no idea where we will buy a house.  For me, ‘the planner', this is hard.  I trust the Lord, but…..I really want to know His plan.  I absolutely hate being in limbo.


Philippians 4:6 NLT “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.”  I think this is going to be a learning lesson.  Will we say to family and friends that we trust the Lord to provide the perfect house?  Will we wait and listen to His still small voice to tell us which house to buy?  Can we relax and enjoy the process of the journey He is taking us on?  Psalms 37:5 CEV “Let the Lord lead you and trust Him to help.”


Without trusting the Lord, we are relying on our own strength, rather than God’s presence and power. This is a major life decision.  I do not want to be outside the will of God. 

“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.”  Isaiah 40:31 


I will be honest.  This moving process after 31 years in our home is overwhelming and stressful.  I am doing my best to remember Isaiah 41:10 NLT “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”  


God is trustworthy.  He alone has the ability to provide for us.  As we place our trust in Him, we can experience peace that passes understanding.  Philippians 4:7 NLT “Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”


Do I trust the Lord to give me my heart’s desire?  Scripture assures me that this is the will of the Lord.


“Do what the Lord wants, and He will give you your heart’s desires.”  

 Psalms 37:4 CEV


Stay Well, Stay Safe and Be Blessed in the name of our Lord Jesus,

❤️    Sharon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love