God's Divine Direction

Recently we had to make a big decision, should we buy a home we had viewed?  We have been praying about this decision for months. Asking God to provide the perfect home for us. 

We have looked at many homes. God said, “no” on two we liked.  How did we know this is the right home for us?  We did not hear an audible, “This is your home.”  We continued to pray.  We relied on Psalms 32:8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advice you and watch over you.” NLT.  

We did not make a hasty decision. We knew if this was the home God intended for us, it would continue to be available. We also knew my husband and I would need to agree – which we did. 

And…I’m happy to say, God has provided us with our perfect home!

Decisions we make based on what the Lord wants for us can be difficult. We may struggle with what we want and what we believe God wants.  But always, we can trust that the Lord’s direction for our life is best for us.  Matt 7:11 “So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.” NLT

God’s plan for us is perfect. I know I go my own way sometimes. I don’t take the time to pray and ask for God’s guidance. But, I trust God’s word and I believe Jeremiah 29:11 is true for me. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” NLT

Buying a new home has been stressful, but it has been a fun decision to make. Many decisions in our life are not fun. They are painful.  Our challenge is: “Do we trust God in the hard times as well as the good times?” This requires faith in our Lord Jesus and His promises to us.

Joshua 1:9 “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” NLT



I know God wants to guide and direct me as He leads. My part is to ask and trust His answer. I will continually strive to hear His voice and obey His will for my life.  Psalm 48:14 “For that is what God is like. He is our God forever and ever and He will guide us until we die” NLT

Stay Well. Stay Safe,

Be Blessed,

❤️  Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Director

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love