Look What He's Done!

Look what you’ve done The lies I believed

How could you fall so far? They got some roots that run deep

You should be ashamed of yourself.  I let’em take a hold of my life    

So I was ashamed of myself    I let’em take control of my life”


These are part of the lyrics to a song by Tasha Layton called “Look What You’ve Done

When I first heard it, it really touched a place in my soul.  When we have things in our past that cause us to be ashamed, it can stay with us for a long time, even after we have accepted Christ as our Savior.  Colossians 2:6  NLT “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow Him.


Shame: “A painful sensation excited by a consciousness of guilt, or of having done something which injures reputation”


Occasionally I am reminded of the events that led me to accept Jesus.  When I am reminded of that time in my life, that old feeling of shame sometimes returns. Satan tries to tell me how unworthy I am.  After all, if I was so foolish, I certainly can’t be trusted to share Jesus.  But, if it wasn’t for my “past” I might not have felt the need for a savior and made the decision to allow Jesus to control my life.  Colossians 2:7 “Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”   I am thankful that Jesus loved me enough to allow me to fall, so I could reach out to Him to save me.  


Isaiah 54:4 Easy English “Do not be afraid. You will not be ashamed again.  Do not be frightened of shame.  Nobody will make you ashamed. You will forget the shame which you had when you were young. You will forget that you were ashamed to be alone, like a widow.” 



 We are not to dwell on our mistakes and our shame.  The shame of our past has been forgiven and covered by the blood of Jesus. Ephesians 2:13 “But you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to Him through the blood of  Christ.”   


“Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.” Acts 13:38 NIV


Chorus:

Look what You’ve done, look what You’ve done in me

You spoke Your truth into the lies I let my heart believe

Look at me now, look  how you You made me new

The enemy did everything that he could do

Oh, but look what You’ve done”

Be Blessed

❤️ Sharon


   Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Director

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love