Difficult Days


 

Recently, I read in my Jesus Calling devotional “Learn to appreciate difficult days.”  Really? That is a hard one to accept most of the time.  

Difficult days, weeks, years – sometimes it feels like they never end.  It can be health, family issues, friendships gone awry.   All those combined with Covid 19 can make us feel overwhelmed.  

What do we do, where do we go during this time?  How do we make it through to a time of peace?

Our hope, as Christian believers, is in Jesus.  Together, with Him, we can handle anything that comes our way.  Isaiah 41:10 NLT “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”

Reading the Bible gives us wisdom and the strength to handle all the hurt and worry we might be going through.  John 16:33 NLT  ”I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Psalms 119:133 NLT “ Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil”

No matter what our life circumstances, God, remains the same.  Hebrews 13:8 NLT “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”  We can go to Him in prayer and read His word for strength to navigate the difficult days.  Matthew 19:26 NLT “Jesus looked at them intently and said, Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But with God everything is possible.”

I hope this encourages you to continue to seek the Lord in all situations.  With God on our side we can handle life”s difficulties we are given.  We each have joys and straggles unique and wholly ours.

Hebrews 13:6 NLT “So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?’


Stay Well, Stay Safe

Blessings,
❤️ Sharon
Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church
https://foothills4square.com
email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com
Monroe, Washington






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love