God's Peace and His Love

  • I have been thinking about what I will write this week in light of current events and some personal issues also.  I realized the Promises of God is a perfect topic.  

    #6  I will give you peace
    One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6 NLT “Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”  I have felt peace during tumultuous times that could only come from God.  On my own I would be a basket case!

    John 16:33 “ I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

    What an amazing reassurance that He – our God, is in control.  We don’t have to feel depressed or mad when the world seems out of control.  I have to confess, on Wednesday, I was feeling depressed.  Words from friends and scripture refreshed my soul, and gave me peace once again.  I can trust that God is on the throne and HE is in control!

    Romans 15:13 TPT “Now may God, the inspiration and fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in Him.  And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with his super-abundance until you radiate with hope!”  And finally, John 14:27 TPT “I leave the gift of peace with you- my peace.  Not the kind of fragile peace given by the world, but my perfect peace.  Don’t yield to fear or be troubled in your hearts-instead, be courageous!”

    #7  I will always love you
    What a “peaceful” way to end.  No matter what is happening in our lives, God Loves Us!!
    Even me, who has sinned, repented, failed again, been redeemed.  All of this is absolutely mind-blowing.  Through it all, God continues to love me and bring me closer to Him.
    Psalm 136:4 TPT “give thanks to the only miracle working God!  His tender love for us continues on forever!”  Psalms 136:23 “He’s the God who chose us when we were nothing!  His tender love for us continues on forever!”  Psalms 117:2 NLT “for His unfailing love for us is powerful; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.” 1John 3:1a “See how very much our Father loves us, for He calls us His children, and that is what we are!”


    And the ultimate proof that God love us: Romans 5:8 Amp “But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”

    I want to end with Psalms 138:2 NLT “I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.  I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.”

    With this assurance we can believe God’s promises are for us and apply them to our lives.  Thank you Father God!


    Stay Well, Stay Safe


    ❤️ Sharon

  •  Sharon Charvet
  • Women's Ministry Leader
    Foothills Foursquare Church
    https://foothills4square.com
    email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com
    Monroe, Washington






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love