In God's Presence

Being in God’s presence is to have the reassurance that He is with us no matter where we are, what our circumstances are, or what we are doing.  

When our children are little we might say “God sees everything you do.”  We may use that as a way to get them to behave correctly.  That could have the opposite effect and make them see God as scary and as someone to fear.

This can be true for us as well.  We know God is everywhere but do we feel His presence as a comfort or are we fearful He is just waiting for us to do something wrong?

Psalms 139:7-10 Amp “Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence? (8) If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol (the nether world, the place of the dead), behold, You are there.  If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, (10) Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will take hold of me.”  God is here to help us, not strike us down for a wrongdoing.

There are times God’s presence is evident to us.  There is no doubt He brought the peace to us in a turbulent season.  Other times He wants us to walk by faith and learn to rely on Him. 

 2 Corinthians 5:7 NLT “for we live by believing and not by seeing.”  Do we honestly seek His presence or do we rely on our own strength?  I do both.  There are times I deeply desire God’s presence.  I want to “feel” His love.  I want to say, “I know that I know that I know”  NO doubts.  And God always answers that cry from my heart.  Psalms 16:11 NLT “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.”

Then there are the times I look out of the boat, see the waves and I think “I guess I have to figure this out myself”  Matthew 8:25-26 “NKJV “Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us!  We are perishing!” (26) But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?”  Isaiah 43:2a NLT “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.”

God’s presence is unchanging but the evidence of His presence is not always obvious.  When we don’t see the evidence we can doubt and sometimes become fearful.

Isaiah 43:5a NLT “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.”  Hebrews 13:5b NLT “I will never fail you.  I will never abandon you.”

In His presence is where we find joy. Acts 2:28 NLT “You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.”

Be Well, Be Safe,


  ❤️
Sharon


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love