The Will of God

 God’s will is sometimes a mystery to me.  As I was researching God’s will, I found an explanation I liked and understood.

God’s Sovereign will:  As a Sovereign God (one who exercises supreme, permanent authority) He brings to pass whatever He pleases by His divine decree.  This will is hidden because we are usually unaware of God’s sovereign and decreed will until what He has decreed takes place.  It cannot be stopped.  Isaiah 46:10 NLT “Only I can tell you the future before it even happens.  Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” Psalms115: 3 NLT “Our God is in the heavens, and He does as He wishes.”


God’s revealed will is stated clearly in scripture.  His will is for us to obey.  We can choose to obey or disobey.  God gives us that freedom.

Romans 12:2 NLT “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”

Ephesians 5:10 NLT “ Carefully determine what pleases the Lord.” (17) Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.”

As we pray for God’s will in our life, I know He guides and directs us.  If we ask and are sincere, He will give us wisdom to make the right decisions.  Matthew 7:7 NKJV “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Sometimes my prayers are more about what I want, than His will.  As I pray and seek Him, He often changes my heart to ask His will.  I believe Psalms 37:4 NLT “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”  But then I must do my part: “Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass” Psalms 37:5 NLT

One of my favorite verses to guide me in finding God’s will for my life is Proverbs 3:5,6 NLT “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  (6) Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.”

Stay Well, Stay Safe,

    Be Blessed

 ❤️ Sharon







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love