Selfishness

 I have been pondering several thoughts recently.  There is so much going on in the world.  There is so much that can cause division in the church body.  Sometimes the tension is palpable.   The big issue is Covid-19.  To vaccinate or not?  The mask and vaccine mandates.  Conspiracy theory’s abound.  What do we believe?  How do we keep our own beliefs, but respect what others believe?

Philippians 2:2-4 TPT says “So I’m asking you, my friends, that you be joined together in perfect unity—with one heart, one passion, and united in one love.  Walk together with one harmonious purpose and you will fill my heart with unbounded joy.  (3)Be free from pride-filled opinions, for they will only harm your cherished unity.  Don’t allow self-promotion to hide in your hearts, but in authentic humility put others first and view others as more important that yourselves.  (4)Abandon every display of selfishness.  Possess a greater concern for what matters to others instead of your own interests."

In my Spirit Filled Bible there are explanations at the end of each chapter that explain various scriptures.  For Philippians 2:2 it says: “Seek to maintain unity with others believers in your thoughts, attitudes, love, spirit, and purpose.  Recognize that a ‘separatist right to one’s own opinion’ is not a biblical teaching.  This is one person’s interpretation, but I thought something worth praying about.

1 Corinthians 10:24 NLT “Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.”

I am writing this from my own thoughts and feelings.  I am guilty of looking at others through my own eyes of what is the correct answer to these difficult decisions.  I do not want to be narrow-minded and judge others – nor do I want others to judge me.

We are called to love others.  1 John 4:7 Amp “Beloved, let us unselfishly love and seek the best for one another, for love is from God and everyone who loves others is born of God and knows God through personal experience.”


Our hope and faith is in Jesus no matter what we decide.  Let’s remember to love others unselfishly.  With Jesus this is possible.

Stay Well, Stay Safe
Fondly,
❤️ Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love