Trust

 Trust has been the theme of my life this week.  Due to a couple of difficult life circumstances I have needed to trust the Lord even more than my normal day to day.

Psalms 118:18 was brought to my attention recently.  It is the middle verse of the Bible. 

It is better to trust in the lord than to put confidence in man.”  So appropriate for these days we are living in.  More importantly, it is appropriate for me (and us) daily.

#2620 Strong’s concordance describes to trust:  to hope, to make someone a refuge.

Our motto at church this year is HOPE.  Hope and trust go hand in hand.  Our hope is in the Lord that He will accomplish or change a situation according to His will. At the same time, we are trusting that our Lord will bring it about.  Jeremiah 17:7 NKJV “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.”

For me, trusting can be hard.  I have absolutely no doubt God is in control and can accomplish His will.  My problem with trust can be trusting and believing He will do it for ‘me’.

 Isaiah 26:4 NLT “Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”

Part of trust is believing the scriptures are the living word of God.  If we believe they are the living word, then when we read the word, we can trust the verses are meant for us.  One of my favorite scriptures is Roman 8:28  “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”  If I believe these words, (which I do) then I can trust that God means this scripture for me because I love Him.

I want to live my life as a testimony to trusting the Lord.  When I am doubtful, I try to remember the past when God did what He said He would do for me.  I want Proverbs 3:5 to be my guide. I will trust God, even when I don’t understand. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”

Stay Well, Stay Safe

Trusting in the Lord,

❤️ Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love