Feeling Inadequate

Do you ever wonder how Jesus sees you?  What your life looks like to Him?  Is He satisfied with this person He created?  Does He expect more?  How do we know?

Do you feel inadequate and unable to meet the expectations you believe God has for you?


I ask these questions because that is often where I am.  Writing these messages once a week is way beyond what I ever saw myself capable of doing.  Every week I wonder what I will write.  God always shows up and gives me a topic and the words to say.  Honestly, I am continually amazed.  They may not speak to everyone but I totally believe God has someone in mind. 


Jesus invites us to do things beyond our abilities because He knows we must depend on Him to accomplish what He is asking.  Luke 9:1-2 NLT “One day Jesus called together His twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. (2)Then He sent them out to tell everyone about the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick.”


Jesus gave the disciples what they needed. It is not that the disciples had certain abilities and talents that enabled them to cast out demons and heal the sick.  It is that they were available and willing to be empowered by Jesus to do as He asked.


Are we available?  It is often easier just to say; “No God, I can’t do that or I don’t want to do that,” God wants us to say “I can’t do that on my own, but with your help I will do my best to accomplish what you ask.  I NEED you God, to empower me.”


David relied on the Lord to kill Goliath, a Philistine.  1 Samuel 17:37 NLT “The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!”


Feeling inadequate says, “I’m not enough.” Jesus says what we offer Him is enough when we depend on Him.


“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”  Philippians 4:13


Stay Well, Stay Safe

Blessings,

  ❤️ Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love