Gratitude

 Gratitude: A feeling of thankfulness or appreciation.

This word has come to me several times recently.  I have so many things to be grateful for, but do I have an “attitude of gratitude.”  I also have many areas of my life that I am concerned about. Do I feel grateful even when there are areas that are uncertain?  Philippians 4:6 NLT “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.”

Recently there was a possible serious health issue with a close family member.  Initially I was anxious, but I chose to believe God was in control.  I was extremely grateful when the results came back with a clean report. I had been examining myself and asking what my attitude towards God would be if the results were different.  1 Thessalonians 5:18 “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”  This is who I want to be.  Grateful in ALL circumstances.

Sometimes I “feel” grateful.  My feelings can overwhelm me with the goodness of our Lord.  Other times I have to develop a grateful attitude.  I have to read scripture that reminds me that God desires our praises and a heart of thankfulness.  

Psalms 107:1 “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever.”

I read this quote today from Nick Vujicic “Often people ask how I manage to be happy despite having no arms and no legs.  The quick answer is that I have a choice.  I can be angry about not having limbs, or I can be thankful that I have a purpose.  I chose gratitude.”

I also choose this also.  I am grateful I have legs and I can walk and hands so I can write. I am grateful I have a warm house, running water (most of the time), an abundance of food, a loving husband and a healthy family.

I will not demand from God more than He has chosen to give me.  I strive to always pray and seek His will and then accept His answer.  

I am honestly, truly grateful for the life God has allowed me to live despite its difficulties.  He has given me a purpose and I will not take that for granted.  

“This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:24

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.  Let the whole world know what He has done.”   1 Chronicles 16:8

Thank you for allowing me to share in your lives.        



Stay Well, Stay Safe

Gratefully,

 ❤️   Sharon         

                             






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love