Control


Greetings,



Control, or lack of it seems an appropriate topic this week. 

Having surgery and not feeling my normal self, plus loosing use of my left arm, has left me feeling out of control.  As my husband would tell you, I like to be in control.  I know where things go and I know how I like them done.  I think most of us are like that to some extent. Having to rely on others is very humbling.  


Who do we let control our lives?  Do we give control to God or do we try to manipulate and change circumstances to meet our expectations? Prov. 19.21 says: “There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel – that will stand.”


Once we realize that God is sovereign, that He is in control of every thing, we have the assurance that He is on our side.  We can have peace even when things in our personal life or in our world seem out of control. 


Lamentations 3:37 NLT “Who can command these things to happen without the Lord’s permission?”


As we grow close to Him, and are able to hear Him, we are able to allow for His intervention in our seemingly impossible situation. 


When we totally believe Psalm 115:3 “But our God is in the heavens, He does whatever He pleases”, and we are able to recognize God’s sovereignty, we no longer believe our life is left up to luck or chance or fate.  We recognize that life is not random.  It means our life has purpose and we have HOPE!  

Isaiah 55:8 NLT “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.


God is in control – we are not. That realization is a comfort and hope for our future.


Stay Well, Stay Safe

Have Hope,

 ❤️   Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Director

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love