Blessed

 I am aware this past week of how blessed I am.  My husband and I have been able to go on a weeks vacation.  We have had a week of relaxation, which we needed.

What does being blessed mean?  The Bible Dictionary defines blessed as “make happy or prosperous; enjoying spiritual happiness and the favor of God.”

Deuteronomy 11:26-27 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse. (27) the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today;”

From this scripture we see we must obey the commandments of the Lord to receive a blessing.  Deuteronomy 11:22 says “For if you carefully keep all these commandments which I command you to do — to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, and to hold fast to Him”

It sounds simple.  “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.  And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”  John 14:21

Luke 11:28 But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” 

So - to be blessed, we must:                                     

        1.  Obey the commandments of the Lord    

2.  Love the Lord

        3.  Walk in all the ways of the Lord

        4.  Know the word of God and keep it.                                                                   

                                         

To me, feeling blessed, “to make happy” is dependent on being blessed by the Lord by “obeying His commandments.”

We’ve had a fun, relaxing vacation.  Did I pray as much as normal or read the word as often?  I have to be honest and say “no”.  But did I forget my Lord and ignore His role in my life and hold fast to Him - again, “no.”  My peace and comfort comes from knowing and loving the Lord.  The Lord is “my strength and shield.”  Psalm 28:7

So, I am blessed and I feel blessed.  The Lord has provided me ways to receive blessings through Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ”

“The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;” Numbers 6:24-25

Stay Well, Stay Safe

Be Blessed

❤️Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Director

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love