Hope

Good Friday Morning,

I have no idea how many weeks we are into this stay at home order.  I do know it seems a very long time!

Today I want to talk some about HOPE.  Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life”  Proverbs 13:12 Amp

Deferred means postponed or delayed.  What this says is what we hope for is not gone forever but “delayed”.  According to Jamison-Taussett-Brown Bible commentary :  When the desire comes or is fulfilled it is “realized".  The tree of life is "cause for happiness”.

I liked these short explanations because I can apply it easily to our current situation.  We are all hoping the Pandemic stay home order ends soon  When our desire for it to end comes about, it will be a cause for happiness.

The problem is the delay.  We do not know exactly when we will meet together again.  But… our God knows.  Our HOPE is in Him.  Don’t give in to despair.  Continue to pray and seek the Lord’s guidance and wisdom.

So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!  Psalm 31:24 NLT

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love.  Psalm 33:18 NIV

And now, Lord, for what do I expectantly wait?  My hope (my confident expectation) is in You.  Psalm 39:7  AMP

I see that the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.  No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises!  My body rests in hope  Acts 2:25-26 NLT

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  Romans 8:25 NIV 


And my personal favorite:

And we know (with great confidence) that God (who is deeply concerned about us) causes all thing to work together (as a plan) for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.  Romans 8:28 AMP

I pray this finds you all well and able to mentally handle this trying time.  I am willing to talk to you and pray for you at any time, as I know JoAllis and all the leadership staff are

God Bless,

❤️ Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church
Monroe, Washington

Comments

  1. This is wonderful. Thank you. I needed this. Jo Allis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting us know you are reading our blog. We appreciate the feedback. Not all feedback gets posted. But all gets read.

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Salvation: A Gift From God