Lasting Friendships

                                                                        


Hello Friends

A scripture I recently read is Proverbs 12:26.  “The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.”  I’ve asked God to give me the words to share with you.  I am trusting He is guiding me.
One definition of friendship is “a friendly relationship”  In life and especially in church we hope that is our connection to people.  Women especially need friends – we need connection.  We need other women.
I think that is part of why this quarantine has been so difficult.  We are unable to connect in our usual manner.  No Sunday morning conversations.  No Bible Study.  No coffees or lunches together.  We’ve encouraged you to reach out by phone but I know it is not the same.
My personality is one that if this continues too long I could disconnect from the majority of you.  I would self-isolate.  I do not want that to happen to any of us.  So.... until we can meet in person we will continue to reach out by phone.  I encourage all of you to do the same.  Call your friends.  Maybe call someone you don’t know well but would like to know better.  Don’t just ask how they are doing but find out something new about them.
Proverbs 18:24 NLT says:  “....a real friend sticks closer than a brother”  This is the kind of friend I want to be. 
Mostly, I want to have a relationship with Jesus like Abraham had with God.  I want to be called “.. His friend”  James 2:23.  I want to obey Jesus commands and be considered “…his friend,”  John 15:14-15.
Is this our “new normal”?  I don’t know but I am inclined to think there will be many ways we need to adapt differently in the future.   Whether this is true or we go back to like we were, our relationships need to stay connected and be available to each other as Jesus has been with us during this difficult time. 


Until we are together physically, I cling to John 14:16 Amp   “ And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor – Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever---

God Bless,

❤️ Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church

Monroe, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Salvation: A Gift From God