Perseverance in Prayer

 

I’ve been doing some reflecting this past week on unanswered or on-going prayers.  I’ve had a little bit of “why God or Why so long?”  I didn’t get an answer other than reading Romans 5:3-4 NKJV “ And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character and character, hope.  

Perseverance:  “Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness.”

2 Peter 1:5-7 NKJV “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,”

This verse shows us that this quality; along with other qualities develop our ability to grow in faith. 

Many times I am I am tempted to give up.  I’m tired of praying for the same thing.  I’ve lost the faith to believe God will answer.  I never loose the belief that God “can,” answer.  I just question whether He “will,” answer me.  Of course I want Him to answer “my way” which is not always “His way”

Paul is clear in Ephesians 6:18 Amp “that we must pray always and in the Spirit”
“With all prayer and petition pray [with specific requests] at all times [on every occasion and in every season] in the Spirit, and with this in view, stay alert with all perseverance and petition [interceding in prayer] for all God’s people.”

I’ve written on prayer before.  It is such a huge part of our Christian walk.  I feel like my prayer life is doing well until I hit a brick wall with a personal issue that comes up in a new way.  Then I realize there hasn’t been much progress and I can get frustrated and/or despondent.  At some point I realize I must pray in the Spirit, and stay alert with all perseverance.  I must adhere to a course of action (pray without ceasing) and be steadfast in my prayers.

My job is to pray and intercede.  The results are up to God. 

        

Blessings,

Sharon

❤️ ️ Sharon Charvet
Women's Ministry Leader
Foothills Foursquare Church
https://foothills4square.com
email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com
Monroe, Washington








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love