Continuation of God's Promises


The sun is shining once again after the rain and I’m grateful.  I’m not quite ready for constant gloom!

Jim and I enjoyed our days of R & R.  I am always happy to be back home until I realize I have to cook and clean again!

Continuing on with the promises of God: 

4.  “I will answer you”  We have all had many wants and needs we have prayed for.  Some are major life events, some smaller day to day needs.  I believe they are all important to God and He listens.  I base this on scripture.  It begins in Genesis 30:22   “Then God remembered Rachel’s plight and answered her prayers by enabling her to have children,”

Ezra 8: 23 “So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.”  

Psalms 120:1 “I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to Him, and He answered my prayer.” Psalms 143:1 “Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my plea!  Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.”  John 15:7 TPT “But if you live in life-union with me and if my words live powerfully within you—Then you can ask whatever you desire and it will be done (8) When your lives bear abundant fruit, you demonstrate that you are my mature disciples who glorify my Father”  

So, there are some conditions to receiving whatever we ask.  

We ask in Jesus name, we live a life that is connected to God and our lives must bear abundant fruit.  

Proverbs 3:5,6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  (6) Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”

We need to seek God’s will when praying.  Ask Him His will for a situation, read your Bible, consider asking Godly counsel.  If we are sincere and humble in our prayers, we can trust God will show us how to pray and He will answer.    


5. “I will provide for you” 2 Thessalonians 1:7 “And God will provide rest for you who are being persecuted and also for us when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven.  He will come with His mighty angels” Isaiah 4:5 “then the Lord will provide shade for Mount Zion and all who assemble there.  He will provide a canopy of cloud during the day and smoke and flaming fire at night, covering the glorious land.” 2 Samuel 7:10 and 1 Chronicles 17:9 “And I will provide a homeland for my people Israel, planting them in a secure place where they will never be disturbed.  Evil nations won’t oppress them as they’ve done in the past,”

God has provided many blessings for me.  Answered prayer regarding health, family issues, financial issues.  So many.  I know He has done the same for you.  When I am feeling despondent or sad or frustrated, I try to remember how God has provided for me and I am reassured He will continue to answer and provide, as I seek His guidance and abide in Him.

Stay Well, Stay Safe

Blessings,  ❤️


                           



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love