No Fear




As I was reading my Bible today, Psalm 18:1-2 popped out at me.  This is a Psalm of David  that he sang to the Lord after the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul.

He sang: “I love you, Lord; you are my strength. (2)The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.”  This is such a good word of reassurance and encouragement.

Have you ever felt afraid and powerless?  Frightened of a situation or for a loved one?  I have.  

I have not been fearful for my life by another person, but there have been accidents and illnesses that have caused me to be afraid. There have been times not knowing about the safety of a loved one that has caused anxiety and feelings of impending tragedy.  Sometimes it was warranted and sometimes it was my mind imagining the worst.  My mind can go from OK to the worst case scenario in a matter of seconds!  

During those times I need to remember Psalms 16:8 “I know the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me”. 

God gives us our minds to use to evaluate and act appropriately. Our mind works best with His guidance and direction.  He does not want us to live in fear of any situation. If we listen to the news, we know there is evil in the world, and there are times we may feel it is surrounding us.  We need to remember Joshua 1:9 NKJV “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

When we are experiencing fear from anything, physical or emotional, quoting 

2 Timothy 1:7  NLT can bring peace. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”  But…We need to believe this for ourselves.

Let’s give our fears to the Lord and trust Him for the outcome of the best and worst situations we incur in our lives.  

“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:7

Be Well, Be Safe

Be at Peace,

❤️  Sharon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

Advent Week 4 - Love