Our Destiny

 Dear Friends,                                                February 4, 2022

Our pastor used the word destiny recently in a sermon so I decided to research the meaning of this word. 

Destiny:  The power or agency that determines the course of events.

This is one definition of destiny.  I have heard it said in a secular way, ie “it is an unavoidable event we don’t have any control over.”  

I have heard it used spiritually, as our destiny is determined by God.  Our destiny is to live our lives in the fullness of Christ.

I have prayed that my children’s destiny in Christ will be fulfilled. I wondered if I was spiritually correct with that prayer? 

I looked up the word “destiny” in Bible Hub.  Many translations use a different word but I was able to find several scriptures with the word “destiny”.  The majority of the scriptures used destiny as a negative consequence to our behavior and actions.  Job 8:13 NIV “Such a destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless”  Philippians 3:18,19 NIV “For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. (19) Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.  Their mind is set on earthly things.”

Ecclesiastes 7:2 NIV,  Psalms 73:17 NIV,  Isaiah 65:11NIV,  Psalm 49:13 World English, and2 Corinthians 11:15 Holman, are just a few scriptures that inform us of the destiny that bring destruction to the wicked.

Psalm 73:24 NLT says; “You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.”

Amplified version says; “Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory.”

So, I believe that destiny can be used in a positive way referring to our relationship and walk with the Lord.  

Destiny is not “fate” or “karma," but the fulfillment of accepting Jesus Christ as our savior and the reward of living eternally with Him in heaven.



Stay well, Stay safe,

Be Blessed,

❤️Sharon

 Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Director

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love