Ukraine

 I feel like I need to acknowledge the suffering that is happening in Ukraine.  It is hard to think about much else today.




                                                                        


Wars and rumors of wars have always been with us. Luke 21:9 NLT Jesus says “And when you  hear of wars and  insurrections, don’t panic.  Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won’t follow immediately.”  For this reason I do not fear this is the end for us and our country.


What should we do during these stressful days?  For most of us, the only thing we can do is pray.  I believe we must be praying fervently for the people of Ukraine.  It will take a miracle for it to stay free from take over by the Russians.


I am not writing this because I have answers.  The only reason is to recognize the pain and suffering fellow humans are experiencing and know how blessed we are at this point in time.  I believe I need to be aware and grateful of where God has me.  


Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 8 NLT says: (1) “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. (8)A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.”


If we believe the scriptures, we know this is a season that is known by God.  Why do these horrible things have to happen? I definitely do NOT know the answer.  But….I know God has a plan and He is in control.  Lamentations 3:37 “Who can command things to happen without the Lord’s permission?”  Psalms 62:8 TPT “Trust only in God every moment!  Tell Him all your troubles and pour out your heart-longings to Him.  Believe me when I tell you - He will help you!”


While we enjoy the ability to live our lives in freedom (despite Covid-19 restrictions) let’s be thankful and steadfast in our love for Jesus.  I pray these scriptures give your comfort as they do me.


Finally, Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.”


Stay Well, Stay Safe


❤️  Sharon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love