Peace That Passes Understanding

  

Good Morning my Friends,

 

I recently read in my Jesus Calling devotional “Understanding will never bring you Peace.  That’s why I have instructed you to trust in me, not in your understanding.” 

 

I am a master at trying to figure things out.  I include the Lord, but it is to say: “why Lord?”  Instead of Proverbs 3:5,6 NLT “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”  

 

I have questioned why this Pandemic has carried on so long? Why life can be so difficult at times? Why, why, why?  It gets me nowhere. If I figure out one thing, there is always another thing to question. 

 

I can pray and ask for understanding but the understanding God gives me may be different than me trying to figure out a situation and “understand” it from my limited perspective.  This past week I thought I had figured out a solution to a problem.  I “forgot” to pray and ask God’s advice.  Really, I just wanted to do it my way.  It turned out disastrous.  I will reap the consequences for some time.   Proverbs 21:30 NLT “No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the Lord”  I should have read this a week ago!  Psalms 119:73 NLT “You made me; you created me.  Now give me the sense to follow your commands”  Proverbs 2:6 NLT “For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.”

 

Peace is possible, if we trust that God always wants the best for us. 

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Amp “Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace at all times and in every way [that peace and spiritual well-being that comes to those who walk with Him, regardless of life’s circumstances].

Philippians 4:7 Amp “And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus [is yours]”

 

On a lighter note, I am claiming Genesis 15:15 NLT “As for you, you will die in peace and be buried at a ripe old age.” And I pray it for you as well!


️❤️ Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love