Pray Without Ceasing

 The past two weeks have given me the opportunity to pray about some family and non-family issues. God has shown me in many different ways how important it is to continue to “pray without ceasing”

 

1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT says: “Never stop praying



                                           

Sometimes I get tired of praying.  I say to God  “I have prayed about this same situation for so long – years!  You know, God, please just do something – or don’t- I give up!" Of course that is just where God wants me!  Trusting Him to make it work, not me.   Have you ever said or thought something like this or am I the only one? 

Romans 12:12 NLT “ Rejoice in our confident hope.  Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.”

 

I know the only way some hurts can be resolved is by God’s intervention through prayer and supplication.  Psalms 142:1 NKJV “I cry out to the Lord with my voice; with my voice to the Lord I make my supplication.”  The KJV and NKJV use the word supplication frequently.  I wasn’t sure what it meant.  The dictionary says, “To ask for humbly or earnestly, as by praying”.  Humbly ask for God’s help knowing His is the only way to get resolution to a problem. 

 

So… I need to be on my knees humbly asking my God, my Lord and Savior, to heal my heart when it hurts, to resolve conflicts, to bring peace when there is discord, to show me my part in a dispute.  Do I need to ask forgiveness?  What is my responsibility in any problem?  Until God gives me insight or there is resolution, my main responsibility is to pray.  Colossians 4:2 NLT “Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.”  Psalms 65:2 NLT “for you answer our prayers.  All of us must come to you.”

 

I can’t give up on prayer.  I know from personal experience how God can bring answers.

We prayed for one issue for over 25 years before we saw an answer.  Is it 100 percent over? No.  So we continue to pray.  What has been answered I am extremely thankful and grateful for.  James 5:16b NLT ‘….The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” 

 

Psalms 4:1 NIV “Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.”  God hears our prayers, we can be confident of that.  His timing is not our timing so we often have to wait.  That has to be OK.  He is God, we are not.  A necessary truth to accept and believe.

 

May God Richly Bless you this week.

 

Stay safe, Stay well

 

   ❤️ Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love