Unplanned Life Events

Good Morning,

Unexpected life happened to me this week so I am a day late in sending my weekly email.

I’m not very good with unexpected and unplanned.  I like my life to be organized and orderly.  I am a “planner”.  I’m not great at spontaneity.  Although being married
to a spontaneous man and having children and grandchildren has made me better at dropping my plans for someone in need or having fun.

The past several months have definitely been unexpected and unplanned.  As we all know many plans have had to change or be cancelled.

We have had many disappointments at this sudden change in our daily lives.  Jim and I are celebrating our 50th Anniversary next week.  We had to cancel plans
to celebrate with family and friends.  We had to cancel a year long planned trip.  I’m sure many of you have different but similar stories.  

If you are like me, it is so frustrating and confusing to know what God is doing.  But this I know - God is still God and He is in control whether the people making
decisions acknowledge Him or not.  

I have been reading in the Book of Joshua.  Joshua was Moses assistant and God appointed him to lead the Israelites when Moses died.

The Bible doesn’t say this, but I’m thinking the Israelites must have questioned Joshua’s sanity when he instructed them to cross the Jordon River that was overflowing its banks.  (Joshua Chapter 3)  Joshua obeyed God though.  The water backed up and they crossed on dry land!

Just as puzzling is Joshua 6:3 NLT “You and your fighting men should march around the town once a day for six days.”  vs. 15 & 16 “On the seventh day the Israelites 
got up at dawn and marched around the town as they had done before.  But this time they went around the town seven times.  The seventh time around, as the priests sounded the long blast on their horns, Joshua commanded the people, ‘Shout!' for the Lord has given you the town!”   vs. 20  “When the people heard the sound of the rams’ horns, they shouted as loud as they could.  Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the town and captured it.”

I’m guessing some obeyed without questioning, but many others wondered how marching around a town seven times made sense.  (I’m in that questioning camp)
God had a plan and absolute obedience accomplished what he wanted. “and the walls came tumbling down” as the song says.

I know we can see this pandemic as a ploy of satan to bring chaos, division, death and destruction.  That certainly is true.  But, I choose to believe God is using this pandemic
to get our attention.  To shake us up to a new way of thinking church.  To challenge us to share to the non-believer who Jesus is to us, and why He is our hope.
Why we WIN no matter how hard, how unexpected, how frustrating the battle is.  Why we believe Romans 8:28 NLT  “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”

We might have to march around an obstacle seven times but we can be assured if God tells us to do it, He will not make fools of us.

I’m praying for all of you as these restrictions continue.  I pray you can believe and trust God will bring us to the other side of the Jordan River.

Joshua 1:9 NLT “This is my command—  Be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

God Bless you all!                                                
Stay safe, stay well                                      
     
 ❤️ Sharon                                                                    
                                                            

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love