A Broken Spirit

 On a recent Sunday, our Worship Team sang a song called: “Confidence” by Sanctus Real.  A section of the beginning verse says:

            “I feel unqualified for what you’re calling me to

            But Lord with Your strength, I’ve got no excuse                

            ‘cause broken people are Exactly who You use.”

 

‘cause broken people are Exactly who You use spoke to me. 

 

Some days I feel broken.  Broken has several definitions:  The ones that personally speak to me are: “Being in a state of disarray; subdued totally; humbled”

 

I know this pandemic life has sometimes caused me to feel in disarray.  Spiritually, being subdued and humbled is a good place to be if I can learn and rely on the Lord’s strength to bring me through. 

Psalms 51:16 NKJV “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart –These, O God, You will not despise.”

 

When we don’t feel qualified, when we feel inadequate for a job or for a calling from the Lord, remember:

1Peter 2:9 NKJV “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;”

 

Am I qualified for what God is calling me to do leading Women’s Ministry?  Being organized and administrative is two of my strengths.  Of course there is much more to leading.  Making sure we are following God’s plan for women.  Meeting spiritual needs as well as social wants and needs.  Women who advise me with Godly council are one way God guides me as I seek Him.

 

I do believe God has called me to lead.  He gives me the confidence even when I feel inadequate and unqualified.  Psalms 118:8 NKJV “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man”.

 

The chorus of “Confidence” ends with “So I can face my giants with confidence”

 

I can trust and believe Jesus is with me every step I take to accomplish what God is calling me to do. 

 

Thank you Jesus for your strength.


Stay Safe, Stay Well


❤️Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love