Are we Faithful, Authentic and Available?


 F  Faithful

A  Authentic and Available

L  Loving

T  Teachable, Truth Telling



A friend shared this acrostic with me.   I have read them many times and thought about their meaning.

Faithful is an attribute that all people should strive for.  Those in any leadership position should especially pray for and try to attain faithfulness.  Proverbs 28:20a Amp  “A faithful (right- minded) man will abound with blessings…”

Matthew 25:21 NLT “The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities.  Let’s celebrate together!’

The dictionary definition of faithful is: 

   1.  Adhering firmly and devotedly, as to a person, cause or idea; loyal.

   2.  Responsible, dependable; reliable.


Are we “faithful” to Jesus and His teaching through His Word, the Bible?  If not, we need to examine our hearts and mind. 

Authentic and Available:  Romans 12:3 MSG  “I’m speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you.  Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it’s important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God.  No, God brings it all to you.  The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him.”


I don’t often use the Message interpretation, and that verse is especially long, but it says so well what I am feeling.  It is a verse with an admonition and a challenge to me.  Just because God has allowed me to serve Him in this position, I must ALWAYS remember this is a gift God has given me and to use it wisely.


One definition of available is “Qualified and willing to serve or assist.”  As a person in a leadership role I must be accessible to those in need whenever possible.  Before I can be available to others, I must be available to God.  Are my actions saying, “Sorry God, I’m not available now” or do they say:

“This I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people?  Who will go for us?”  I said, “Here I am.  Send me.”  Isaiah 6:8 NLT ~This is my desire.


I am going to finish today with Psalms 101:6 NLT  “I will search for faithful people to be my companions.  Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me.”


Faithful, Authentic and Available.  Psalms 62:8 NLT “O my people, trust in Him at all times.  Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.”   


Next week I will explore L & T  - Loving, Teachable and Truth Telling.


Wishing you many Blessings in the week ahead.  Until next week ~


Stay well, Stay safe

❤️ Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

 

 





  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love