Being Loving

Good Afternoon,

                                                         


                            

Last week I shared the acrostic F A L T, and explored Faithful, Authentic and Available. 

 

This week I want to examine Loving.  One definition of loving is “warmly affectionate”.  Hebrews 13:1 TPT “No matter what, make room in your heart to love every believer”.  This can be a challenge.  Believers are human beings.  As humans, we all fall short.  We get irritable; we say words that are hurtful.  We act the opposite of being loving.  When this happens, we ~ especially women ~ get our feelings hurt and then react.  We decide that the other person doesn’t deserve our love. 

 

Psalms 89 shows us God’s covenant with David.  There are consequences to sin, but God always love us.  Psalms 89:33 NLT “But I will never stop loving him, nor fail to keep my promises to him.”

 

This has always been such a reassurance to me.  God will ALWAYS love me.  Even when I’m not loving.  Not just love me, but be loving towards me.  When I sin, He woos me back with open arms. 

 

I see being loving as somewhat different than having love for someone.  If I am loving I am kind, sympathetic, considerate and generous.  If I don’t show those characteristics I should question my “love.”

Another version of Hebrews 13:1 AMPC “Let Love for your fellow believers continue and be a fixed practice with you [never let it fail].”

 

That is our test – to be loving to all.  Let’s not do what I have heard said, that “Christians devour their own”  Every time we gossip, criticize or slander a fellow believer in Christ, we are devouring them.  

Galatians 5:15 NLT “But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out!  Beware of destroying one another.”

 

If we can obey this verse we won’t be tempted to get back at those we believe are not being loving towards us.  This is my challenge to myself and you this week.

 

God Bless!

 

Stay well, Stay safe

❤️


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love