2021 - A New Year

 January 1, 2021!  It is finally here.  I saw a post praising the many good things of 2020.  In general it is hard to remember 2020 as being a good year.  So many tragedies, so many disappointments.  It was a strange and definitely different year.


As I look back though, there are many positives and blessings.  For me and my family there have been no deaths from Covid 19.  We have been able to see each other in limited ways.  We have chosen not to quarantine to the point of never seeing anyone.  


Sometimes I have been fearful.  Thinking of the “what ifs?”  At those times I try to remember 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT  “For God has not given us a spirit of  fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.”  Also, Philippians 4:6 is a timely reminder of who is in charge of our universe.   “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.”  I quote this verse and thank Him for the MANY ways He has blessed my family and me.


Many prayers have been answered in the way I have wanted.  Many are still in process.  I wait patiently, (well, maybe not so patient) but I will continue to wait and trust God for His will in my life.


As I look back so many things have changed, but I believe God is still in control and He is directing me to change in 2021 and beyond.  Philippians 2:13 NLT “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him.”


I believe Women’s Ministry will look different when we resume church.  I don’t know exactly how, but I think this is a chance for us to reset and re-group.  You will all have an opportunity to affect that change.  Change is inevitable like we have all seen this past year.  What changes happen in 2021 is yet to be seen.  We can always count on Hebrews 13:8 NLT “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”  Praise God we can ALWAYS rely on this fact.


One thing I have learned this year is to not hold tightly to my ways, but to let go and see where God is leading.


I have no doubt 2021 will continue to be a year of challenges and change.  I will try to remember Proverbs 19:21 CEV “We may made a lot of plans, but the Lord will do what He has decided.”


A Happy and Blessed New Year to All!           



             

Stay well, Stay safe,

     ❤️ Sharon                  







                                                    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love