God's Timing

 

   Last week I shared I want peace in my mind and heart. “Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 NLT


   I fell short of that this past week.  My discouragement is not so much with our world affairs but with the realization that our time on earth is short.  2 Timothy 3:1 Amp  “But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]”  We very well could be living in the generation when the rapture will occur.  My concern with this realization is for family and friends that have not yet chosen Jesus.

I was deeply encouraged though, by comments made by friends.  I totally believe God is in control
and has a plan for each of us individually as well as for the United States and the world.

    

I have chosen to be excited.  I am challenged to speak more boldly and to share my testimony of what Jesus has done for me.  2 Timothy 1:8a NLT “So never be ashamed to tell others about our              Lord….”  Luke 21:13 NLT “But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me.”  And Psalm 107:2  “Everyone that the Lord has rescued should tell others.  Tell them how He has rescued you from the enemy’s power”


   The lawlessness and unrest in the world will likely continue.  But I will “Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding; (6) In all my ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct my path.”  Proverbs 3:5-6 (Paraphrase)


   I challenge you to put your hope and trust in the Lord so we can encourage and lift one another up.  During these turbulent times we need each other’s support.  Philippians 2:4 NLT “Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.”


Stay well, Stay safe,

❤️ Sharon





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love