GOD IS IN CONTROL

 My Friends,

What a week this has been.  Not how I wanted to start 2021.

As I think about this past week, this past year and I mouth the words to others “God is in control”, I wonder if I believe it.  Is God in control or has He given up on us.  So I stop and pray.

I want to say “God, please show me what is going on. What is your plan?”  But I know that is presumptuous and arrogant.  God owes me no explanation.  After I ask forgiveness, I say “God, please show me how I can best serve you in these turbulent times.”  And, I mean it.  I truly want to know what my role is.  I know there is no peace in our world but I want peace in my heart.  John 16:33 NLT ”I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  Philippians 4:7 NLT “then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

Yes, the world is in chaos.  We continue to be more God-less.  It seems our prayers have not been answered as we want, but GOD IS IN CONTROL!  We don’t know what lies ahead, but we do know Who is ahead.  Hebrews 13:8 NLT “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”  If we trusted Him yesterday, we can trust Him today in the midst of chaos and uncertainty.  We can trust Him with what lies ahead. 

We do not need to give into fear.  Psalms 34:4 NLT “I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.”   Timothy 1:7 NLT “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.”  There are many more scriptures that give us reassurance that fear is not what God wants from us.  He wants and expects us to trust Him.  Our hope and trust is not in a political party or person, but in Jesus.

My prayer for all of us is what Paul prayed in Ephesians 1:17-19 NLT “asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.  (18) I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called – His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance.  (19) I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe Him….”

Be filled today with the amazing promise of our Savior:  Jeremiah 29:11 NLT “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Be well, Be Safe

With Love and Affection,

    ❤️ Sharon






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love