Attitude

 

Attitude:  “A manner of thinking, feeling or behaving that reflects a state of mind or disposition.”

                            Attitude is everything, pick a good one

                            Have a positive attitude

                            You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude towards what happens to you

I have been thinking about attitude lately, because sometimes my attitude can be negative.  I wondered if attitude was in scripture.  Depending on the translation you use, the word attitude is found in several scriptures.  

Is having a “positive attitude” just a worldly cliché or is it what Jesus asks of us?

Philippians 2; 5 NLT “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”

                                            

If I am in a bad mood, e.g. having a bad attitude, it affects me as well as those around me.  Romans 14:17,18 NLT “For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  (18) If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too.”

If I allow the Holy Spirit to adjust my thoughts, then my attitude has to be one of gratitude and hope.

According to Numbers 14:24 NLT, God notices our attitude.  “But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have.  He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored.  His descendants will possess their full share of that land.”

As I read these scriptures it seems our attitude is a mindset that affects our spirit.  We can allow the Holy Spirit to correct it to become more Christ like or choose to be negative.  Ephesians 4:23 NLT “Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.”

I am trying to have a more “positive attitude”.  Not as I think the clichés dictate, but to be as Christ would expect of me.  

My attitude affects how I view my life.  My goal is to have trust and hope as only we can have if we know who is in control.  My hope is in the Lord.

“Finally, all of you should be of one mind.  Sympathize with each other.  Love each other as brothers and sisters.  Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.” 1 Peter 3:8 NLT

Be Well, Be Safe, Be warm

❤️    Sharon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love