Darkness

Greetings,

A friend and I were discussing how the weather can affect moods. We are fortunate that the weather does not seem to cause us to be depressed or anxious. Many people are affected though, and several of our friends have moved to areas where there are not so many gray days.  

For me, I have enough indoor interests that allow me to ignore the weather outside.

In November when we have long dark days, I am able to remember that in two months the daylight will be longer. That always gives me hope.  The sun will shine more often and there will be more daylight hours to enjoy the outdoors.  

Discouragement and depression can sometimes overtake us and cause us to doubt the goodness of the Lord.  Psalms 42:11 NLT “Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise Him again—my Savior and my God!”

I know there is a depression deeper and darker for some people that needs medical 
intervention – counseling and/or medication.  I am definitely not downplaying that.  My low spirits are something I can often overcome with the Word and songs of praise.  For me, trusting and hoping in the Lord is the main way out of darkness.  

I understand people react differently than I do to family discord, weather, Covid 19, politics.  All the external forces that can affect our moods.  Psalms 34:18 NLT “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”

If we can put our trust and hope in our Lord to carry us out of darkness, He will be faithful. 

          Psalms 88:2 NLT “Now hear my prayer; listen to my cry.” 

          Psalms 6:9 NLT “The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer.”


The Psalms are so full of encouragement.  Psalms 31:14 NLT “But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, you are my God!”

My prayer is you can find hope and encouragement as you seek Jesus with all your heart.  

Sometimes a friend is needed.  Please feel free to call.  I want to always be available if you are in need of a friendly voice.  Proverbs 12:25 TPT “Anxious fear brings depression, but a life-giving word of encouragement can do wonders to restore joy to the heart.”

          Blessings,

Stay well, Stay safe.

            ❤️ Sharon 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love