Our Heart's Desires

 Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. (5) Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. Psalms 37:4-5 NKJV

This week I am very thankful and grateful as the Lord of the Universe provided for us once again.  We were able to sell our house after just four days on the market.  My trust did not fail but I admit I had some churning in my stomach wondering “when” it would happen!  God is so good as He shows His love for us.  It honestly amazes me at times that He cares about things like selling a house.  People who are sick-yes, healings-yes.  People in distress-yes. Calamity and destruction-yes.  But me and my wants and desires?  I am humbled and overwhelmed with His love.  He truly wants what is best for us.

As I searched the scriptures about God’s love and receiving the desires of our heart, I found several that spoke to me as we now begin the search for a new home.  

John 15:7-8 NLT “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! (8)When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples.  This brings great glory to my Father.”

There are conditions to receiving our heart’s desires.  God’s word must live in our hearts, and our lives must bear fruit for Him.  Psalms 37:5 says we must “commit” and “trust”.  We have a part to play.  God is not our genie in a bottle giving us our three wishes.

  

Psalms 20:4 NLT “May He grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed.”

Job prayed in Job 6:8 NLT “Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant my desire” Because Job remained faithful to the Lord, God granted Job his request.  Job replied to the Lord ~Job 42:2 NLT “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you”

Finally, I remember and claim this verse ~ Romans 8:28 NLT “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.” And 8:31 “What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who can be against us?

Stay Well, Stay Safe,

And May God Grant Your Heart’s Desires,

 ❤️   Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love