Perfectionism/Humility

 Perfectionism:  A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.

Humility:  The quality or state of being humble; modest opinion of one’s own importance or rank; a lack of false pride.


I have become aware of both of these in a new way.  I tend to want to be a perfectionist in most areas of my life.  I have to remind myself that I can’t always achieve perfection and it is futile to try.  In regards to these weekly letters, I want spelling and grammar to be perfect.  I read and re-read.  I have my husband read and correct.  It seems often though, after I send it, I find an error.  That frustrates me!


This past week, the Lord spoke to me and said he was using my mistakes to keep me humble.  Proverbs 11:2 NLT says, “Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”


Perfectionism is not a virtue.  Psalms 119:96 NLT “Even perfection has its limits, but your commands have no limit.”  God’s commands can be found in His Word.  Psalms 119:105 NLT “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.”


Humility is a positive quality God desires for us.  Colossians 3:12 NLT “Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”  


As long as I am seeking God’s guidance, I trust He will help me to remain humble.  Writing these weekly letters is a gift God has given me for now.  They are meant to encourage. Psalms 139:23,24 NLT Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. (24) Pointing out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”


I want to be the person Philippines 2:3 says I should be “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.”


I’ll end with Paul’s words “Finally, brethren, farewell (rejoice)!  Be strengthened (perfected, completed, made what you ought to be); be encouraged and consoled and comforted; be of the same [agreeable] mind one with another; live in peace, and [then] the God of love [Who is the Source of affection, goodwill, love, and benevolence toward men] and the Author and Promoter of peace will be with you.” 2 Corinthians 13:11 AMPC                                                                    

Stay wee, Stay safe
Blessings,
❤️ Sharon

Sharon Charvet

Women's Ministry Leader

Foothills Foursquare Church

https://foothills4square.com

email: womens.foothills4sq@gmail.com

Monroe, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Discernment

No Fear

Advent Week 4 - Love